Pages

Monday 30 July 2012

Review: Maybelline Colour Sensational Popsticks

Shade: Citrus Slice


This is one of those products that I saw advertised and thought oooh I have to try one of those, commence the endless search to find it, proceed to try it and then unfortunately becomes a bit of a disappointment!!??

To me this is a gimic product making a lipstick look like a popsicle or an old school push pop (do you remember those!!) and in principle it is a great idea, however with this shade in particular the pay off was not there for me. It is balm/lipstick with a nice shine to it and even though this shade of Citrus Slice is orange to look at, when swatching it on my hand in Boots it actually is a pink shade which was a bit of a "oooh that's interesting" which added to my excitement, however when you try it on the lips the colour pay off is just not there and although it gives a lovely balm/shine texture to the lips, the colour is a barely there pink. Now for some this may be great and don't get me wrong I do like it, but you can get a similar finish from a tinted pot of Vaseline and for the price (just over £7, I think about £7.19, odd number I know!!!) for me for the product was a bit much for what it does, so really the price point for me should be under £5. For the scent of this product it is lovely and does remind me again of push pop's with a mix of citrus and sweetie scents, but if you are not keen on scented products this would not be one to try.

All in all for me it was a slight let down colour wise and price but a nice texture on the lips, however I don't think I would re-purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment