Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Shade: Ivory 01


First off I have to say I rarely buy Rimmel foundations basically because the lightest shade that they do, ivory, is a bit too dark for me (crazy I know!) and therefore look a wierd orange colour on my skin which is not a good look! However when I got back from Honeymoon and my tan started to fade a little bit I needed a foundation that would suit my skin tone and had heard fantastic things about this Wake Me Up Foundation that I thought I would give it a whirl, the verdict is in and I absolutely love it!!!

I have been using this basically every day since coming back from Honeymoon as I still am not completley back to my normal pale self and even if I was this foundation would suit my skin tone which is a big bonus for me, wierd I know as normally it wouldn't be! I have featured it in a couple of my monthly favourites videos on my Youtube channel @SBSparkledust as well so do check them out :-).

Anyway back to the review, this foundation blends fantastically and you don't need a lot of it, you can use either your fingers or a brush to blend it (I use mainly either a Real Techniques Stippling Brush or the Buffing Brush to blend), and it sits lovely on the skin. It has tiny sparkly bits in it (don't worrk it's not glitter so you won't loook like you've jumped out of a David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust video), these give you a lovely glow to the face which I personally love but can understand why some people may not! It is also very long lasting which in my book for a foundation is a major plus factor and for a drugstore foundation an even bigger plus factor as you don't normally get that with lower end foundations and sometimes not even with highend foundations.

All in all a fantastic foundation which I would recomend and will definitely be re-purchasing (which I hardly ever do)!

No comments:

Post a Comment