Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

Review: Barry M Kohl Pencil

Shade: No 19 (I think)


After being inspired by one of Pixiwoos looks on youtube I decided to dabble back into the world of coloured kohl pencils especially in blue!!

As I have mentioned before I love my black eyeliner (so so soooo much), there is not a week where I don't have it on at some point however I am now into experimentation mode with my make-up and I also thought it was time for a change . I was in Boots one day a few weeks ago now and decisions had to be made over blue eyeliner and I decided on this one from Barry M. Now after I had bought it I did have some second thoughts on it as it was quite a hard pencil (I tend to like more soft easier to apply pencils), however the more I have used it the more soft it has become which means it is easier to apply and doesn't drag the skin. I do love the shade (which I think is no 19) as it is what I would call an electric blue, however I am disappointed that it isn't as bright once applied which is a downside for me. I have been using this on a few occasions with a light/soft brown eyeshadow to funk it up a bit and it has given it a bit of an edge and because it's blue instead of black it makes my eyes pop a bit more which I like.

I would say if you like really easy soft kohl pencils then this may not be one for you to try, like I said it does soften the more you use it which is a saving grace for me however it is still quite hard. The good thing with Barry M is they are not breaking the bank types of products and if you are wanting to try a colour eyeliner to move away from black they have some good colours to choose from.
So tell me what your make-up experimentation is???

No comments:

Post a Comment