Pages

Saturday 1 October 2011

The battle against redness!!

Eau Thermale Avene - Anti-redness Light Moisturising Cream

I have problem areas of redness on my face, such as round my nose and cheeks, so trying to find a primer to even out my skintone or anti-redness moisturising creams that work is one of my many challenges. I read in a magazine an artcle about anti-redness creams and this one by Avene came out with 5/5 stars so I thought I would try it. In my haste I purchased it off Amazon, however I was in Boots and found it in there so I could have saved on the postage (I am too impatient sometimes!).


This is quite expensive (£13.50) for say the size (40ml), but cheaper than say Elemis anti redness cream (which I have tried and was a bit of a disapointment). This has a very pale green tinge to it (green is good for balancing out red skintones), and feels very nice on the skin and has a nice light moisturiser smell to it. It is "formulated with a high content of Avene thermal spring water, known for it's soothing and anti-irritant properties" so I was expecting big things.

I have been using this for just over a week underneath my make-up for work and think the results are ok. It seems to blot out a good percentage of redness and makes a very good base for primer and foundation, and is a good moisturiser in general even if not using it for anti-redness. I am going to continue to use this as when my make-up is off I can see a tiny difference to the redness so I am hoping it may continue to help with this!

After spying the Avene range in boots I think I may look into some of their other products to use as well.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment