Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

It's difficult being pale............

No 7 Stay Perfect Foundation - Alabaster




I cannot stress how hard it is finding a foundation for pale skin it's like searching for the Holy Grail...................

It's amazing the differnt tones you get for the palest shades in many make-up ranges, I've noticed they rcan look yellow, orange and some sort of peach colour, none of which is my skin tone (frustration usually sets in at this point!!). The other thing is that I've noticed some ranges only go as light as ivory which is often not pale enough and very limiting when you are on the search for a colour match! I have also found not to rely on the lighting within shops to give a true colour match to your skin tone, alway always always go out and look at where you have tested the colour in the actual day light as they can look so so soooo different!!

Anyway moving on from that mini rant I have found a good matching colour for my skin in the form of this No 7 Stay Perfect Foundation in the shade of Alabaster. After the disappointment that was the Maxfactor Ageless Elixir foundation (which I am in two minds to get rid of even though I've only used it twice, but convinced it brought out loads of spots from the grease!!), I went in search for another one and chose this one. I bought this on Sunday at Boots (with a £5 off No 7 voucher), and have worn it for three days now and so it's working well, the colour is a good, the consistency is thick but not too thick that it feels like it doesn't go on well, and it lasts ok for the day (although could do much better). I also like the packaging as it is in a glass bottle so it looks more expensive than it was even though it's a mid price range (£15.00).

All in all I am quite happy with this and if you have pale skin like myself I would suggest trying a swatch on this against your skin tone as it's one of the paler ones I have found!

Happy foundation shopping!

x





No comments:

Post a Comment