Pages

Thursday 27 October 2011

The Queen of Mineral Make-up

Bare Escentuals - Try Me kit

I am a watcher of QVC but only for make-up or skincare products, basically because you can get some really good brands such as Bobbi Brown, Liz Earle, Smashbox and Bare Escentuals on some very good deals, obviously you have to keep an eye out for the deals as sometimes with the postage they can be just the same price as in the shop, however I got an absolute bargain with this Bare Escentuals Try Me Kit - 5 products plus the brush for £20.50 (I think) and on easy pay which means you spread the cost interest free. The other great thing about QVC as you can try the products at home and if you don't like them you can send them back and get a refund.

Having wanted to try some mineral make-up for ages and have wandered past the bare escentuals counter in Fenwick's, I tuned into their hour on QVC birthday weekend and decided to purchase the starter kit, and could not have been more excited when it arrived!





Left to right: Primetime, Fairly Light Foundation, Intrigue Blush, Original Mineral Veil and Secret Radiance
Back: Flawless Face Brush


What's great about this starter kit is you get a full size foundation (which I got in fairly light and it's great for my pale skin tone), and four samples sizes plus the brush as well, and because you don't need a lot of each on your skin they will last for ages so very good value for money!

I have always been wary of powder foundations (massive liquid foundation girl) as they don't seem to give you much coverage or last the day, and I must admit that I was sceptical watching them on the TV saying that this gives you excellent coverage................but hey were they right and I am a convert to Bare Escentuals.




Above is the foundation open and it has a great twist and lock mechanism in it (which is only in the full size products) to stop the powder from falling out all over the lid. Basically you then use the lid as your palette and do the "swirl, tap and buff" technique to apply the foundation onto your skin. Swirl, tap and buff is swirl your brush in the powder in the lid, tap off the excess and then buff into the skin, buff more into the areas you need more coverage and hey presto your covered!


For a powder it is lovely and light on your face and because it's mineral powder it's good for your skin so even better, plus even though I then added the blush, secret radiance (gives a nice glow to your skin) and the mineral veil to set it didn't feel heavy at all which was great and it lasted really well throughout the day which is more than I can say for some liquid foundations. I also used the primetime underneath which was silky on the skin and you only need a tiny bit which added to te lightness on my skin!


All in all I would say to anyone to give these products a go as they are really good, and I am definitely putting a few of their items on my wish list!



No comments:

Post a Comment