Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

Review: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre - Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow

Shade: 82 Emerveille


This was one of my treats for my Birthday from my gorgeous Fiance! I have wanted to try some Chanel make-up for ages and especially this eyeshadow as I have read fantastic things about it! It's what you would call a cream eyeshadow but it's so much more than that and it's very luxurious and everything you would expect from Chanel. The eyeshadow also comes with a cute little shadow/liner brush which is great for if you are using it on the go. I went for the shade 82 Emerveille as it is a gorgeous pink/peach/gold shade and is lovely for a neutral eye but has a very expensive feel to it which is great for either day or evening wear.

To quote from the Chanel website:

"This intensely shimmering long-wear eyeshadow offers true versatility. An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner."

The texture is nothing like I have ever tried before, and it is like a gel but almost souffle like which is very strange when you touch it as it looks like a loose sparkly powder when you first open the pot. I think because it contains silicone this gives it a gorgeous feel and is easily blends onto the eyelid as it is so smooth and doesn't drag at all. As it says it is a long wear eyeshadow and it is the only cream eyeshadow or even eyeshadow in general that does last all day and doesn't crease, so mega bonus!!

This is definitely a get what you pay for eyeshadow as it is expensive at £22.50 (from Hoopers in Harrogate) but I think once you try it you won't want to be without it as it is just so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment