Pages

Saturday 4 February 2012

Tiger crackle nails grrrrrrr

Models Own - Smash Up in Black




I haven't done a nail varnish post in ages!!! I basically haven't pained my nails for ages and I think that's why my nails have just gone absolutely rubbish, I find that when I paint them it makes them stronger and they grow much nicer!

I decided to do something different for my birthday night out and decided to use this Models Own Smash Up varnish which I bought ages ago and had never used!

I painted my nails in a base colour using Nails Inc Brook Street (a coral/pink colour), let that dry and then painted one coat of the Smash Up on. It basically does what it says on the bottle, it smashes up straight away to create this nail effect which I likened to Tiger stripes :-)! I absolutely loved the effect it gave and the colours totally matched the skirt I was wearing from Topshop which was black with a coral band around the bottom so they just finished my outfit off! Both Nails Inc and Models Own are hard wearing so they last really well and don't tend to chip for a few days, I painted these on a Saturday afternoon and took them off on the Tuesday and they hadn't chipped at all which I thought was really good.

I will definitely be using the Smash Up again with different colours and it totally funks up ordinary nails making them look ultra fab!

Anyone else dabbling with nail effects??

No comments:

Post a Comment