Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Review: Collection 2000 Cream Eyeshadows

Shades: Gold Rush and Platinum Bling



Platinum Bling


Gold Rush


Left: Gold Rush
Right: Platinum Bling

I have been a bit lax on my blogging last week and this week but I have a lots to review so I will be making up for it this week!


These cream eyeshadows I got at Christmas, I bought the gold one myself for my Christmas make-up and did do a little post on it at the time and promised a review :-). The platinum one was a stocking filler again at Christmas, so I thought I would review them both together.

Collection 2000 is one of the cheaper drug store brands, not all of the products are brilliant however they do have some excellent finds and these are one of them. The cream eyeshadow applies really well and blends reasonably ok on the lid, however because it is a wet to dry texture it does dry quite quick so you have to blend them out quickly. The colours are not too dark or mega vibrant so are great for a subtle metallic look or equally can be used a base for a powder eyeshadow for an ultimate wow factor metallic eye. The staying power is great but they do crease a little by the end of the day, but considering they are a cheap product they are one of the better cream eyeshadows for staying power in my opinion.

Out of the two I think I prefer the platinum colour as it's not a bright silver and more burnished and grey which is lovely for a smokey eye. The gold is nice and extremely wearable which I was surprised at as gold can be hard to wear especially for pale skin.

I think that they are well worth checking out and they are under £5 so won't break the bank which is great if you are fancying something new to try but don't want to spend too much money!






No comments:

Post a Comment