Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Free goods :-)

No 17 - Peep Show Smokey Eye Palette




I'm off work today and tomorrow (tomorrow is my 30th Birthday :-)) so  thought I'd catch up on my blogging and get a few posts out so expect to see lots coming in the next day!

I got this lovely little eyeshadow palette free with a No 17 Peep Show Mascara (review to follow soon) from Boots. I hadn't realised it was free and had picked it up independently and then got to the checkout and the lady behind the till said it was a free gift with the mascara so as I am a mascara lover I got the mascara as well, killing two birds with one stone and all :-)!

This is a good palette for creating a smokey brown eye as you have a pink colour a mid brown and a dark brown, all of which are shimmery eyeshadows, then there is a matte charcoal grey colour which could be used along the lash line as a liner. I have only used the pink and brown colours as I'm personally not too keen on the grey colour. The colours are great and blend easily the only thing is they crease really quickly so say I apply my make-up at 7am on a morning for work, by about 11am they are creased, so not particularly long lasting for day wear but would be ok for say a night out. I do however think possibly with an eyelid primer they would last longer. I mean all in all it was a free gift with the mascara, and it's No 17 which is a cheap make-up brand so you can't complain too much about it not being too long lasting. If you love a bargain or free gifts then this is something to keep and eye out for, I personally don't think I would purposefully buy any eyeshadows from the No 17 range but they are great as a free product.




No comments:

Post a Comment