Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

Possibly the best foundation????

Illamasqua - Skin Base Foundation in No 02













After hearing great things about this foundation I decided to give it a whirl, partly because there was a sale on Illamasqua and I got over excited and thought while I'm on I'll try the foundation and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

As I said in my post about my Illamasqua purchases I am weary of buying foundation online if you haven't had a colour match from a counter previously, however the website does give you guidance on the shades and what they match against other premium brands. I knew I was porcelain for Bobbi Brown foundation from a colour match so it matched me to this shade which is No 02.

I don't really have anything negative to say on this foundation, it applies well, the colour matches almost perfectly (may be on the tad bit lighter than my skin tone (a statement you won't often hear me say) but I love it), it gives fantastic coverage and lasts really well on the skin (better than any foundation I have tried). The only thing negative to say is that when applying it you have to really buff it in with your foundation brush and my foundation brush is not that great (I am on a hunt for new brushes, fancying some Mac and Real Techniques ones), but i have succeeded with it and buffed it into the skin to give lasting coverage. I have also found that I didn't need as much concealer as I would normally use because of the excellent coverage it gives, I only needed more on where I have a couple of blemishes but other than that none really needed. For any one with pale skin this a must foundation to try for good pale shades and I think this could be a major Holy Grail product!!


This is a picture of me on New Years Eve wearing the foundation and my Georgia blusher, you can't see very well but I am also wearing the Illamasqua eyeshadow cream and pure pigment which are great and reviews will follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment